Thursday, June 2, 2011

Things I Love Thursday: Start of a new adventure

Current mood: Upbeat
Current song: August Rush soundtrack - Raise it Up

Yay, I'm really exited to finally be starting my very own TILT! Of course, being the oblivious person that I am, I had no idea what a TILT was until reading my friend Jen's awesome blog, but after extensive google searching, I have discovered that they are everywhere! How have I not seen this before? Me, the lover of all things upbeat and positive and full of emotion?

What is a TILT, you ask? Well, it's a perfect opportunity to take a look back on the last week and think about all the things you loved, and all of which you were thankful for. It's a great thing to get into the habit of, especially if you're one of those bleak people who think life is just one difficult road after another. I particular do not think this way, but I certainly do know I've had those days and weeks where I feel like everything just went wrong, and I sometimes allow myself to wallow in that misery, not taking the time to focus on the few or small things that *were* good about my week. So here I am, miss positivity, jumping into yet another form of bubbly optimism.

Since I add a picture to each of my blogs posts, I decided that my TILT pictures each week would represent something I love. For my first post, I chose a collage of all things blue, because every day of every week, I love the color blue. And now for my first Things I Love Thursday list!

  • Starting my first TILT and finding yet another way to be cheery
  • The gorgeously warm and sunny days we've been having, finally breaking free of our stormy streak
  • Being out in nature
  • Long holiday weekends and Memorial Day cookouts with family and friends
  • Playing old early 90's board games with Christina
  • Getting my stitches out and finally being able to walk on my knee without a brace! (I was going to make a separate post about the actual doctor's visit, but it didn't go very well and the post would allow me to rant negatively... and thanks to discovering my new love for TILTs, I want to avoid all negative banter from now on)
  • ^ Deciding to make a positive step in my life to try to avoid negative rants
  • Also I'm thankful for the nurse who took the stitches out, for being as kind and gentle as she was.. the ability to sleep and sit normally again.. experienced doctors who are willing to perform major surgeries for crappy medicaid pay.. and the natural quick and remarkable healing process of the human body (I just lumped all my surgery loves together - they played a big part in this past week)
  • Seeing Katy again for the first time in months!
  • Beautiful baby maple trees that just start randomly growing in the garden (it's now transplanted to our lawn)
  • Creating an adorable fairy garden in my mom's already amazing backyard paradise
  • The baby bunny that is still living in the backyard
  • Replaying an old video game for the first time in 3 years, and falling in love with it all over again
  • My three wonderful pets being happy and healthy
  • Getting 2 orders of pierogies for free at the Two Dads diner in Lakewood just because the owner is extremely nice and awesome!
  • Beginning to make concrete plans with my mom for our big summer party! (everyone's invited, btw)
  • Trips to Caribou with Tiffany
  • Getting things all worked out with my loan company
  • Trying to stay politically active, by signing 2 more petitions fighting against new unfair Ohio bills
  • Buying a completely unneeded handmade clutch on Etsy, for no reason but the fact that it'll make me happy and I wanted to treat myself
  • The Westside Market, in all its delicious glory
  • All my favorite summer festivals coming up - this weekend, next weekend, and the weekend after that - three solid weeks of summer fun!
  • Making the healthy decision to start both going to the gym regularly again and signing up for yoga classes, as soon as my physical therapy starts - in 2 weeks, I'll be actively working on keeping both my body and my mind fit and rejuvenated
  • The most amazing friends in the world and my ability to make new ones almost every single day
  • My continuing ability to overcome almost any obstacle - physically, mentally, or emotionally - and my drive to never give up
  • Puppies and sunshine! - two of my most favorite things in the world, and I got to enjoy both this past week <3

That's all for this week. My day is already even better than it started. The sun is shining, a breeze is blowing, the birds are singing... what an amazing day to be alive. My final thing that I love today: life. What do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment