Current song: The Magic Numbers - Forever Lost
My life has been so fun and eventful lately, that I've had very little time to sit down and write out a full blog post. I do have about 3 drafts that are halfway done, and will be posted soon. But I'm currently sitting outside enjoying this gorgeous 75 and sunny day, listening to my new favorite song (listed above), and I'm feeling so freakin cheery that I feel the need to list all the things that are currently making me happy.
I've had 3 different people ask me if I'm in love, thanks to the beaming smile that's been plastered on my face for the past few weeks. And the answer is no, I'm afraid. Not with a person, anyway. But I am in love with life right now, so I guess it amounts to the same thing.
Anyhoo, here are some of the things I've greatly loved over the past few weeks since I've posted a TILT:
- Sunny and cooler weather!
- Laying in my hammock and staring at the sky (which today looks a lot like my TILT picture)
- My next door neighbor kids
- Swimming for the first time at Foster Pool
- Weekly cheap movies with Markos
- Signing up for a Regal Crown Club card finally, and immediately getting awesome discounts every time I go to the theater
- Starting weekly karaoke every tuesday night - it's a blast!
- Making a bunch of new friends at said karaoke bar
- Swimming in a friend's pool at 4am
- Staying out till dawn (it was really fun, but I could only handle it once in a blue moon)
- Getting an ice cream cake for no other reason but to indulge
- Falling in love with a new book series
- Finding a silver lining in the sad news of Borders shutting down: discounted books
- Buying 2 new bookshelves in great condition at a garage sale, for 6 bucks
- Getting Matt hooked on the Song of Ice and Fire series! He knows a good book when he sees one
- Finalizing everything for the upcoming semester of school, and finding out that I was preparing on going in a whole week early - thanks Matt, for a) making me feel like a moron, but b) giving me an extra week of vacation!
- Buying $430 worth of books for only $190
- Having all the baby animals from spring stay with us all summer, including a bunny, a blue jay, and a praying mantis
- Our pond fish having babies of their own - we started out with 5 fish, and now we have 10
- Couponing, which has really started to pay off
- Going in to get my hair cut and colored finally this coming saturday! (pictures when it's done)
- Finding really cute new hair accessories on Etsy to wear with my new short hair style, such as:
- Rediscovering an old love for feathers (thanks to aforementioned Etsy shopping)
- Pretty and sparkley things in general
- The wonderful colors in nature
- Hearing a new self-esteem montra that I love: "It's my body.. if you like it, great.. if you don't, don't look at me" - so simple and so true
- New clothes
- School supplies in all the stores, sparking that wonderfully refreshing feeling of autumn
- Deadliest Warrior (the tv show)
- The new fall line-up of tv shows looking promising
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - it's a book (that's all the hint you get).. go read it
- Getting my official invitation to Julia and John's wedding!! I'm so excited! October can't get here soon enough!
- "Watching my 3 sisters get in trouble... and hockey" - this is a guest post by Douglas Doren (9 years old)
Okay, now I'm exhausted from writing all the recent activity. It could honestly go on further, but I'll leave it at that for now. I'm off to get some lunch, then onto a long bike ride. Enjoy your week, kinzies! <3